Hermit

Hermit
Stairway to Heaven

Monday, January 21, 2008

John Ross

John Ross

Two A.M. in the morning
Empty streets
City lights
The clock keeps ticking
Second for second
As I listen to the rain come down.

Well, I remember when we
Were kids,
Best friends,
Hiding from the lightening-
Screaming at the thunder-
Where are you now, today,
John Ross?
Where are you now, today?

College took me away from town.
A girl named Bess took you to Texas.
I found the city,
You worked the Land.
Ain’t it funny how the world goes round?
And still, today, though we’ve drifted ways,
I remember that stupid hat you used to wear.
And in a crowd of people
Sometimes I think
I see your face.

And I wonder-
Where are you now, today, John Ross?
Where are you now, today?

Copyright © 2008 Querus Abuttu

No comments: