Hermit

Hermit
Stairway to Heaven

Friday, October 24, 2008

Hungry Platitudes

Hey there...
you !!
with your 

Starbucks
and half eaten
Espresso bar
so casually thrown
into the 

trash.

Food and drink
still warm from 

your hands
still pink from 

chatting
in that
coffee shop
you frequent
each morning.

I saw you
turn your 

head
from me,
you wouldn’t 

even
meet my 

eyes.

Your father, 

no doubt,
told you
I was 

dangerous
because I 

hear voices
of 

Saints and 
Demons,
because 

the streets
are my 

friends,
because I can’t 

find
a safe place 

to piss,
to wash 

my face
or clean 

my ass.

Or perhaps 

you 
don’t like
the way 

I look
or how

I smell.

To hell with 

you!
I don’t really 

care!
What I 

care about
is that 

you
left me
some of 

your latte
and half eaten 

pastry
and
a paper 

to read
on top 

of the 
garbage.

And if I’m 

lucky
I’ll get a 

chance
to grab it
before
someone else 

does,
and

for a brief 
moment
feel like
I’m 

someone.

Someone 

like you.

© 2008 Querus Abuttu

No comments: